How to create a new Mailman-list
- Decide on a good and descriptive name for the list
- Decide who is going to be the maintainer of the list. There can be more than one administrator.
- Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following pieces of information:
- The name of the list
- The name and the e-mail-address of the maintainer
- A short description on what the list is for.
- When you recieve a notification that the list is created, go to the "Private lists" section on this site.
- Log in. Enter the name of the list and press "configure". Enter the password for the list when prompted.
- Configure the list. See the "ŇA mailman users guide" for more information.
How NOT to create a new Mailman-list
We do not want the following pieces of information, or requests as.
This means: we create the list, whereafter you fill in the subscribers and attend to administrative requests as they show up.
- send us mail containing mail-addresses
- send us mail containing arbitary peoples names
- send us a request for a list with people that attended autumn 98's course on Practical Gastronomy, or such.